Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day three - wet

Felt ready to go today ...

Learning: We got in and we started as normal with reading. Each child can read their accelerated reader for 10 minutes to settle things down. I like it.

I talked to the class about yesterday and what we learnt - linking our library lessons, maths and pieces together.

Then we got stuck into Line charts.

Learning: Photocopies are made of the text book in red and blue for some kids - it apparently makes it easier for people to read.

Bolting rain today and so, again, these teachers got no break - just looking after their classes all day ... amazing.

Kids went off to PE, Music and French today and that gave me and Mrs C time to plan my first lesson. This will be on Tuesday next week on (you guessed it) maths - Sequencing and patterns. This is when my evaluation is due to occur from my Uni.

Anyway, I have spent at least 3 hours preparing for a 1 hour lesson - gosh, this is hard! Yes, yes, I know, it gets faster ... but what a dunce I am!

I also got a memo today (classic!) with me being assigned to the Long Jump with two other teachers for the Athletics Carnival next week - how good is this school to include me?!

Looking forward to tomorrow. Oh, and we had the guy from the Book Fair come in and talk to us about the new books to the 5th and 6th graders - great speaker and the kids loved it. Should be a good book fair starting now until the end of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment