Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day Seven - Desk changes and jump rope

Started today by completing the HSIE lesson that I ran short of time on Monday. We were looking at how to use a glossary, index, table of contents etc. One of the kids asked why did they need to do this and I answered based on their knowledge of indexing will help them to be efficient in searching in google and in anything they choose to search for - different books, magazines etc.

Learning: We then started reading the Government textbook that Mrs C had chosen. We broke up into two groups and I took one. We read aloud taking turns and the kids asked questions. My group were discussing local, state and federal governments and we drew up a Venn diagram to show the relationships. Mrs C liked it so we did the same exercise with the whole class. It felt like we were losing some of the kids and the behaviour level was not great. In hindsight Mrs C suggested we should have broken them up into smaller groups to do the Venn Diagram - I could see them dropping when I was facilitating the class but did not know what to do in the heat of the moment. A great learning for me.

We went off to PE and the kids did practice for Jump Rope for Heart. When we got back the room had been rearranged by Mrs C as she mentioned to me that she was not happy with the behaviour and wanted to shake things up - I love it.

See how we go tomorrow with a new desk arrangement and new seating!

No comments:

Post a Comment