Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day Eight - Athletics Day

7:45am at school, onto bus, off to Homebush for carnival. One of the great things about this school is their inclusiveness ... I was rostered as part of all staff onto an activity ... Long Jump in my case. Great fun and best still I got to see some of the teachers I wanted to talk to about a thought I have had.

I want to run a "Treasure Hunt" or "Race around the School" where kids get into teams (that I choose to show the various talents that you need in a team), and move around the school solving problems - I have spoken to the PE dept, drama and science and they are keen and have great ideas. So now I need to write the program - it will be based on Bloom's Taxonomy and Multiple Intelligence so we can get the best out of the kids and stretch them.

I also got the chance to sit next to a couple of kids on the bus that I wanted to have some one-on-one time with to get them more involved - so have shared the "Race around the School" idea and asked for their thoughts back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment